What You Need to Know
- You (the hero) attack. The monster reacts, and I roll to see if you hit or miss.
- The monster attacks, the hero reacts, I roll.
Hitting or missing is dependent on dice.
- Assuming a statless battle, I choose a number (difficulty) and if you roll higher than that number, you hit and I recount the damage.
- Should you choose to use stats , I use RECS. Monsters also have other stats: A physical and elemental strength and weakness, as well as four skills of my choosing with their own recharge times and effects.
To make the most of your encounter, I have some suggestions.
- You can do anything, not just attack.
- Use your surroundings.
- Be creative.
Some actions take more than one turn. Some examples:
- You are looking for a weakness and find it. You proceed to attack!
- You start making a huge, hulking beast out of the elements!
- Depending on the situation, movement could take more than one turn.
- I will let you know if something you, or I, do, takes more than one turn.
Some actions take no turns at all. These free actions are...
- Power ups
- Transformation sequences
- Note: these are free based on the type of character. If the action is not a trope with the type of character, it is not free.
- Place a weakness on my NPC. If you look for one and find one, I will tell you where.
- Assume your attack hits.
- Assume you dodge the attack.
- If you have any objections, questions, comments, talk to me! I'm willing to compromise if you have a valid complaint.
The Complicated Explanation
Below is what I actually do. It looks complicated; it's really not, and it's not really anything you have to know to play along.
- If there is more than one character in the battle, I roll a dice. This determines the order in which you attack, and is simply so I can keep track of whose turn it is so I can react accordingly.
- Unless it is a Surprise Attack (the NPC attacks first), the NPC is always last.
- During this round, I will either set up the surroundings or allow you to. Feel free to use them! Be clever!
Turns repeat until one, or the other, are defeated.
- You attempt an attack.
- The NPC reacts.
- I place a difficulty from 1 to 20 .
- I roll dice. If the number is higher, you hit.
- NPC takes damage.
- The NPC attempts an attack.
- You react.
- I place a difficulty from 1 to 20.
- I roll the dice. If the number is higher than the difficulty, you succeed.
- You take damage.
Note: If I roll a 1, it is a crtitical miss and you receive damage. If I roll a 20, it is a critical hit; depending on the situation, it could be an instant win or severe damage.
Godmodding will result in penalty.